Apollo 14 - The Mobile Equipment Transporter - Model signed by Edgar Mitchell
Item #: PROACH-MITCHELL
Apollo 14 - The Mobile Equipment Transporter - Model signed by Edgar Mitchell The Mobile Equipment Transporter (MET), sometimes referred to as either the “lunar rickshaw” and “lunar golf cart” made its one and only appearance during Apollo 14’s mission to the Moon’s Fra Mauro highlands in February of 1971. And for the first time ever it makes its model debut right here. Built by Proach Models this 1/24 scale replica of the forgotten MET accompanies astronaut Edgar Mitchell in this mini diorama as he prepares to do some geological work on the Moon.
Edgar Mitchell Model Features:
- Only 2 of these have been produced and signed by astronaut Edgar Mitchell himself.
- MET frame built from brass, silver-soldered.
- Resin-cast bags and accessories included.
- Tool rack and all included lunar tools are scratch-built from plastic.
- Highly detailed and soiled astronaut figure
- Realistic moon surface mounted on black walnut base with nameplate and nicely detailed flight emblem mounted on the nameplate
- Since this is a Limited Edition piece this model is in stock and sells for 1195.00 plus shipping. SORRY, NO DISCOUNTS