Historic steps in Space Exploration - 6 Artifacts in Acrylic
Item #: ACRYLIC-STEPS
Historic steps in Space Exploration - Acrylic The Space Store proudly presents a new concept of combining flown artifacts into one acrylic : Historic steps in Space Exploration containing 6 flown artifacts from the most important steps in US space history! Made out of the most advanced acrylic available on the market today - Plexid 55 - these are ultraclear with no discoloration over time. Unlike other privately made acrylics these are real blocks, not cheaply glued or screwed together. Each block is in the size of 7''x4'' and about 1'' thick. Perfect for any office table or even flat down in a cabinet ! As you are used to from Spaceflori artifact presentation we only use the best certified flown artifacts for these highend products.
- German V2 rocket - outer hull fragment from a crashed flown V2 rocket. Captured V2 rockets were the basis for all future US rockets developed by Wernher von Braun and his team of rocket pioneers.
- Mercury Redstone 3 - Alan Shepard - First US spaceflight - FLOWN parachute fragment
- Gemini 8 - First docking in space with an Agena stage -FLOWN heatshield fragment
- Apollo 8 - First time men left the gravity of earth and visited another planet - FLOWN Kapton foil from the CM
- Apollo 11 - First manned lunar landing - FLOWN heatshield fragment from a heatshield plug
- Apollo - Soyus Testproject - first docking US-Sovietunion - FLOWN Kapton foil from the CM