Real Space Food
Item #: SF
These foods are fully
hydrated, ready to eat and have all passed stringent NASA guidelines.
Each food item is considered to be one average serving.
*Manufactured under the strictest orthodox rabbinical supervision of Rabbis Aaron and Moshe Soloveichik - Organization of Orthodox Kashruth Supervision. Available in Chicken and Noodle, Chicken and Black Beans, Cheese Tortellini and Pasta with Florentine Lasagna.
How do the astronauts heat the food in space? According to Expedition 7's Ed Lu, they have a hot plate with velcro straps on the International Space Station. Click here for a free copy of our Space Grocery List or our Astronaut Food Tray Instructions, all available in our Free Space Education Resources.
Every meal is:
- Ready to eat and fully cooked
- Has no artificial colors or flavors
- Has no MSG (monosodium glutamate)
- Has no soy
- You have your choice of convenient packaging: 10 ounce, microwaveable and boilable individual trays, or 8 ounce, boilable, foil pouches, which can be packed flat for travel or camping.
- CHICKEN & BLACK BEANS: A scrumptious meal with chunks of light and dark chicken, black & kidney beans,sweet peppers,corn, tomatoes and potatoes. Simple spicing brings out its full flavor!
- CHEESE TORTELLINI: simply delicious Cheese-filled tortellinis in a well-seasoned tomato sauce, with the added protein of pinto beans. (Dairy)
- FLORENTINE LASAGNA: A influenced meal by the tastes of Florence. Savor the combination of small lasagna noodles in a tomato sauce with ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, spinach and pinto beans. (Dairy) tos