US - Race to the moon - 5 Artifacts in Acrylic
Item #: ACRYLIC-RACE
US - Race to the moon - 5 Artifacts in Acrylic The Space Store proudly presents a new concept of combining flown artifacts into one acrylic - a short history of the US race to the moon as a timeline with flown artifacts of the most important steps on the way the first lunar landing culminating in the retrieval of lunar rocks! Acrylic containing 5 flown artifacts from these 5 important steps made out of the most advanced acrylic available on the market today - Plexid 55 - these are ultraclear with no discoloration over time. Unlike other privately made acrylics these are real blocks, not cheaply glued or screwed together. Each block is in the size of 7''x4'' and about 1'' thick. Perfect for any office table or even flat down in a cabinet ! As you are used to from Spaceflori artifact presentation we only use the best certified flown artifacts for these highend products.
- Mercury MA-9 - first long duration flight and final Mercury flight by Gordon Cooper - FLOWN heatshield fragment
- Gemini 12 - most successful and final Gemini flight by Aldrin + Lovell - FLOWN heatshield fragment
- Apollo 8 - First time men left the gravity of earth and visited another planet - FLOWN heatshield fragment from the CM
- Apollo 11 - First manned lunar landing - FLOWN Kapton foil from the CM "Columbia"
- Kennedy's goal achieved ! Land a man on the moon and bring him safely back to earth (along with some lunar material) REAL lunar material from the NWA 4881 meteorite - scientifically confirmed lunar material ! Reference : http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=45805 Legal note : Of course it is completely legal to own lunar material from the moon coming from a meteorite ! These meteorites were clearly identified originating from the moon by comparing with lunar rocks brought back by the Apollo flights ! Only 25 such acrylics were made and each comes with a numbered COA.